Thursday, December 11, 2008





Was at the Kinokuniya bookstore at KLCC two days ago. My boyfriend and I had made seperate purchases and was at dinner when he took out this Japanese architecture, design and lifestyle magazine called Casa Brutus. Main reason he bought it was because Nigo of the famed A Bathing Ape was featured in the publication and he of course felt lucky enough to find it considering its a two month old copy. While I'm no fan of Ice Cream or BBC or BAPE(two of which are brainchilds of Pharrell and Nigo, while BAPE is strictly Nigo's), I found the magazine to be refreshing. What was most interesting to me are these Japanese styled apartments and spaces. For the most part, we normally always think of zen type spaces when thinking of anything Japanese spaces, but Casa manages to give us something different...mainly in the form of all things fun. While the mag is all Japanese, its images are enough to keep you occupied. The website is worth your time too, because its interactive and you get to flip some of the pages from each month's circulation to see the featured write-ups. Reminder to self, something worth checking out next time I'm at a bookstore. Btw, anyone else love the Colonel Sanders statue in the garage??

Images via Hypebeast.

4 comments:

oneday said...

dope ... lol....kaws toys ....laundry room...hmmm....

JMD said...

Hi,

Would you be interested in selling that issue of Casa Brutus per chance?

Thanks,
JMD

Unknown said...

Hi, please let me know if you are interested in selling the October 2008 Issue of Casa Brutus.
I will pay top dollar.

JMDlux@gmail.com

Thanks

Maddox K said...

Hi James, I will ask my boyfriend and get back to you, thanks.