Wednesday, December 3, 2008


While its been getting crazy in Miami (where I used to live temporarily) with the Art shows going on, its getting a little crazy in my head with all the vintage shopping I've been doing at Decades lately. Not only have they got me hook, line and sinker with the amazing inventory they have going on over there, they've also got me dreaming of owning and living in a kick ass cool house in a neighborhood like Silver Lake. This is a nice surprise considering I never see myself as someone living in California. Growing up in cities like KL, London, New York and Miami, its a little tough to imagine heading out all the way west, West Coast! But I remember picking up a book on Silver Lake called Bohemian Modern when I was living out in Miami and thinking to myself... hmm, maybe one day it could happen. The neighborhood is full of eclecticism and character, mainly because most of the people who live there are top notch creative heads. But we're not talking flashy cars and huge lawns. These are homes that are to put it plain and simple, straight up cool. If you're feeling like you're in a rut and need a change of scenery, please pick up this book and dream away.... Because it will want to make you do some furniture switching around in your own home/space yourself, and that is always a good thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pinjam...