Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Raleigh


While I've only ever stayed at two of his hotels; The Standard in Miami and The Mercer in New York, I love this image of his other hotel, The Raleigh in Miami. I am a fan of Andre Balazs and I absolutely love what he's done to the hotel industry. Not only has he brought cool back to the way people travel, he's created this culture across the board. The branding and print ads successfully evoke the era of each of the hotel he owns while still maintaining that modern feel. I mean I love a hotel that you can escape to that allows you to have fun without that forced feeling of having to try. When you're at an Andre Balazs property you sort of just ease into this other character(like you've left your responsible self behind in reality), except you become fully aware of it and you just dont care, mainly because they make you feel you're in good hands. I think he's got a peachy thing going on, and I hope he'll continue to do so for a long time.

He's got a new addition on the way, The Standard New York. Yay!

No comments: