Monday, October 6, 2008

Summer is Over...





And yet I live in KL, Malaysia, where it is summer all year round. But I still like to make myself think we've got all four seasons going on here so I don't get so jaded! Anyway, on to more interesting things to talk about. I was in Bali for a beautiful wedding, thrown by the Jakarta It socialite herself, Adinda Bakrie and her husband Seng. The wedding was nothing short of spectacular. And even though we didn't think anything else could top the weekend, one of my dearest friend Didit took us to the Como Shambhala Estate in Begawan Giri Ubud to stay for the week. It was my second time back to this hidden gem and like the first, it did not dissapoint. Owned by none other than Club 21's Cristina Ong, the retreat is numero uno and a favorite among those who frequent the Tablet Hotel site for your off the beaten path accomodations. If you are looking for something rich in culture mixed with modern ammenities with a heavy dose of privacy, look no further. Not to mention, their menu is to die for (as well as organic!). Be sure to check into the Umabona Villa. It is definitely the top of the range, but it is also the best. You won't regret it, or want to leave.

No comments: