Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Toy Soldiers




I passed by this store by accident one freezing night enroute to dinner in Soho. They have all these historical european figurines in various sizes. My favorite are the ones in the guardsman uniform, they remind me of The Nutcracker Suite! (they are also the most affordable, I didn't say cheap though). The shop is small but that makes it intimate and quaint and has such an old toymaker ambience, which we don't seem to have anymore, no thanks to all those new toys out there, like my nephews collection of transformers! While these pictures don't do these handmades any justice, they are a great add to any collection. My boyfriend loves toys and has a little collection of his own going on. I think I am going back to pick some up.

The Armoury of St. James
17 Piccadilly Arcade
London SW1Y 6NH

No comments: